martes, 6 de marzo de 2007

That's Aguilas. Nice shots!

I'm a lucky person as I was born there, in the South East of Spain. Nice place to spend you childhood, doing sports, by the Mediterranean Sea. Nice people there, too. I still have most of my school mates there, and from time to time we meet in front of a good meal and couple of drinks to talk about the crazy things we used to do when little!


Although I left Aguilas when I was seventeen to study at the University of Murcia, I still have my family there, so as often as I can, I get back at weekends or holidays; if I'm not abroad.



Superb skies down there in Aguilas! I have always liked those windy skies at dusk. In fact, I love paintings inspired by the soon coming of storms or gales, which when it comes to ships sailing the coast, might end in a wreck. I'll show you some by famous British and Dutch painters. But now...





The lighthouse, lovely, isn`t it? My Dad's factory and my grandparents tavern are close to this symbol of those times when sailing was even more subject to the force of nature, and very little technology was provided to fishermen and sailors.


No hay comentarios: